Airport parking options in the United States tend to be similar all over the country. While parking cost varies widely. When you are a frequent visitor at the airport, then parking expenses are not an issue. Most people are afraid of parking prices as they are stressful when you want to air travel. It is not the same in all regions as other airports have expensive parking charges than others.
Researchers recently went further to dig out information on the number pay for your car to have a temporary home as you travel. They also ranked the most expensive United States airports and the cheapest for parking. Two factors influence the cost of car parking at the airport: short term charges incurred daily and long term charges. Below are the top five expensive airports for car parking in the United States:
1. John F. Kennedy International New York(JFK)-charging $39 for terminal side parking and $18 for economy parking
2. Seattle Tacoma International(IAH) $38 for short time parking while long term parking rates goes for $29
3. Boston Logan International(BOS)-$70 for terminal parking, $26 for economy parking
4. LaGuardia New York(LGA)-charging $60 for the terminal side and $38 for long term parking daily rates
5. San Francisco International (SFO)$36 for short term car parking and $25 for long term parking
New York metropolitan has taken the lead with the most expensive airports for parking. If you want to travel by air and want to leave your car parking at the airport, you will need to know your budget if you can afford the above airports for parking.
If your pocket does not guarantee expensive expenses, there are also the top five cheapest airports in the United States to consider. It does not mean their parking services are worse. They are manageable, and you will end up enjoying their rates. The top five cost-effective airports in the United States include:
1. Orlando International(MCO)- short term rates; $18 and $9 for economy car parking
2. Charlotte Douglas International(CLT)- $22 for short term parking, $8 rates for long term
3. Baltimore-Washington International(BWI)- $22 for terminal parking, $8 for long term parking
4. Tampa International(TPA)- charges $22 for terminal side parking and $10 for long term car parking
5. Denver International(DEN)-$24 for short term parking and $9 for long term car parking
Airports in the United States are expensive for parking because of several factors like; upkeep and maintenance cost, competition from other airports, distance from the terminal real estate cot, convenience, and security. These factors also apply to the cheapest airports in the United States for car parking.
To avoid frustration during your travel, ensure you have all the information regarding several airports for car parking and choose the affordable one according to your budget. It also applies if you are using your car to drop a visitor at the airport, you will have to check the cost of parking your car at the airport for the time you will be at the airport.