If you’re the type of person who really can’t sit still, there’s a great chance that you’ll love to visit new and exciting destinations. You must go to China because there are so many attractions to visit in this country. You could check out the Terracotta Army and also the Great Wall of China. But if you plan to visit The Forbidden City, these are the Facts about the Forbidden City that you need to know before you visit the most popular tourist attraction in China.
It is the world’s largest imperial palace
For various reasons, the Forbidden City is one of a king, but the primary reason is that it is the world’s largest imperial palace. Around 1 million workers came together to construct this fantastic 7,750,000-square-foot unique palace in china. There is so much more to this palace than just being a simple building. There are 980 incredibly intricate buildings with almost 9,000 rooms and 90 quarters and courtyards in the palace.
24 Emperors lived at this place
This palace is no longer in actual use and has been handed over to the government since China became a republic in 1912. However, before that, 24 emperors had named this place as their home. Emperor Yongle built this palace in 1406 and beat every other palace in the world. Its construction was finally ended in the year 1420.
Full of treasure
The Forbidden Palace is one of the most popular attractions in China as it is full of treasure. No place in the world contains as many ancient Chinese artifacts and bizarre statues as this Forbidden Palace. This unique palace in china is worth visiting to get an insight into the treasures of China.
You can’t see the whole place
While this City is the most popular tourist attractions in China, you can see the only 60 percent of the palace. If you try to check out the other 40 percent of it, you will face security guards and broad protective railings. Fourteen million people who visit the palace every year have had an impact on the castle; thus, it needs to be repaired soon. The people do not widely know this Fact about the Forbidden City. However, the significant repairs will complete by the end of 2020.
It has the traditional architecture of China
As soon as you look at the Forbidden City, you’re going to be amazed at how beautifully detailed the entire palace is. The buildings of this unique palace in china have wooden carvings as well as ornate gold finishes, that takes you back to the times of 1400s. Surprisingly, this tourist attraction has the world record for having the world’s largest collection of medieval wooden structures.
There are no trees in the outside courtyard
While visiting the Forbidden City, you will notice how beautiful the palace looks upon the Inner Court trees. You might be surprised to know that the Outer Court has absolutely no greenery.